A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Industrial Brain

OK, the lizard didn't last long. I've now switched to the melancholy but strangely romantic turn-of-the-century urban factory scene. It must be my fevered brain. I'm sick today. I'm like the Nyquil poster child. The scratchy (throat, mind you)/achy thing. But it's boring here. I thought I would use those precious moments of post-prandial low-grade energy to show you what I made yesterday. So here it is.



More of that Ornamentea chain. Has a nice urban feel. I love the toggle clasp, looks like it was made from machine parts. Forget where I got it. That seems to be a problem lately.

You can see the blue/green flashes in the labradorite in this pic:


This is how it looks on. If you have no head. I can only guess it would look better with a head.


That's all I got. Heading back to the couch.

7 comments:

  1. You are on a roll with these cool pieces girl! Sorry you are sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the balance of this piece. The chain is a great weight for the capped beads. Too bad you can't remember where you got the toggle. I want one! Feel better soon, OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the toggle and the placement of it in the front. I think you're right, it would look better on a person with a head. Not that it doesn't look great on the headless bust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, I hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning! I just discovered your shop and am so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! It looks amazing, and only imagine how good it will look with a head :-D I hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. aha! the toggle clasps came from Dry Gulch Beads.

    ReplyDelete