A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Painted Desert

Burning red rocks, incandescent tangerine sunsets, delicate coral sunrises, and cool lilac shadows. I love the desert! I think I was a lizard in a former life. I love lizards too. Someday I would like to live in the desert. Or rather near a desert in a town with good infrastructure. In fact I could live near the desert RIGHT NOW. This set below was inspired by the colors of the painted desert. It includes brecciated jasper, yellow jasper (in the bracelet--at least I think that's what that is), garnet, carnelian, moukaite (LOVING that stone), golden jade, Czech pressed glass and table cut glass, a little bit of Indonesian glass and lots of rich, warm brass. The necklace includes removable hand forged extender chain so it can be worn anywhere from 17" (or shorter, actually) to 24". Pewter cross with brass overlay by Happy Mango Beads.

For your alabaster, or ebony, as the case may be, swanlike neck:





For your graceful ballerina wrist:



For your fairylike translucent earlobes:



Please note the bracelet is asymmetrical. I'm working up to an asymmetrical necklace. And a button (I swear it, Erin, really).

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a removeable extender chain, I might have to steal it :) love all the stones and the way you put them together. ALL Beautiful pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so pretty! I love the warm colors and I am absolutely loving the desert theme. It is snowing here today so the warmth of an "incandescent tangerine sunset" really speaks to me! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful - i love the warm colors and the variety in your beads...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the color palette and the stones you chose!

    ReplyDelete